Blog

Maintaining weight is no more a challenge with the Pareto “80-20” diet plan

The 80-20 rule is the Pareto principle. As per Wikipedia the principle states that “80% of the effects come from 20% of the causes”. In this article, we are going to discuss human eating patterns based on the Pareto 80-20 rule. How this 80-20 diet plan is a good eating pattern that helps you control your weight. It is natural for any person to crave such food that is good for the tongue but not for overall health. The diet chart based on the 80-20 rule says that you can eat healthy food 80% of the time and 20% of the time you can eat fun food. The rule of the 80-20 diet plan tells you that to control weight it is not necessary to eat healthy food all the time.

All about the 80-20 diet plan.

Most of the people delay their dieting plan because they know that it won’t allow them to eat their favorite food. The 80-20 rule is one such plan that has no restrictions on your favorite food. You can eat healthy things 80% of the time and can eat your favorite dish for the rest of the 20% of the time.

You should keep plants based diet your first priority in your healthy eating habits. To cut down saturated fat add fat free milk in your diet. If you are eating cheese it is better to eat a low fat version. You should eat a protein rich diet that is low in fat. Lentils, split-peas, and soya beans are good choices for protein. Adding multigrain flour is also a good choice in your diet rule book. Unlike white flour, multigrain flour has immense health benefits. They are good for the digestive system.

The downside of the 80-20 diet rule.

We don’t count calories while eating. How you are going to decide that the calories you got from the 20% fun food don’t exceed the daily calories limit. What if you eat cake daily believing that it is 20% of your daily diet. What if on the weekend you eat ice cream after each food. If you eat excess junk food in your 20% of diet because you have been eating healthy food 80% of time. Then it will put all your efforts into the cold basket. The 80-20 rule is not a great way to lose weight. In the following paragraph, I have mentioned how you can successfully implement the 80-20 rule to control your weight and also lose your weight.

The Best way to use the 80/20 Rule to control weight

How much weight you will lose with this 80-20 rule is different for everyone. The best thing about this diet rule is that you can follow it forever.

Weekend Approach – The best way to follow the 80/20 rule is to apply the weekend approaches. It will be feasible for those also who are into this party culture lifestyle over the weekend. Over the week you will eat healthy foods and on the weekend you will eat whatever you want.

Mark your calendar – If you don’t want to follow a weekend approach. You can mark your calendar that on these days you are going to have fun food. The best part of marking a calendar is that you won’t be deprived of your favorite food. You can mark the calendar on which day you want to have a cheese burger and which will be for your pizza and beer day.  

Regular Exercise – If you started following this diet rule to lose weight then it would be best to do exercise regularly. The fundamental behind losing weight is that you need to burn those extra calories that your body doesn’t consume. As you are not restricted to eating certain food. It is obvious that on some occasions your calories consumption from 20% of time will rise. To keep things in balance it is better to do 20 to 30 minutes exercise daily or you can do exercise on alternate days.

The 80-20 rule of diet plan is not for everyone. If you are suffering from any medical conditions like diabetes or hypertension. Eating lots of salt or sugar over the weekend is also not a good idea. In these medical conditions, it is better to talk to your doctor before you opt for any diet plan.

Submit your review
1
2
3
4
5
Submit
     
Cancel

Create your own review

Empire Clinics
Average rating:  
 0 reviews
adminMaintaining weight is no more a challenge with the Pareto “80-20” diet plan

Related Posts