What is a Constipation ?
Constipation means different things to different people. For some people, it simply means infrequent stools, while on the other hand for others, constipation means hard stools. The cause of each of these “types” of constipation probably is different.
Constipation, a condition of the digestive system where a person (or animal) experiences hard feces that are difficult to eliminate ; it may be very painful. Almost everyone gets constipated. In most cases, it lasts for a short time and is not serious, but sometimes in some severe cases it leads to symptoms of bowel obstruction.
Symptoms of Constipation ?
Symptoms of constipation vary from person to person. Some people just experience a spot of difficulty, having the stool very hard and have to ‘strain’ on the toilet, while others may have physical discomfort, particularly:
1) Bloated stomach.
2) Stomach pains/stomach cramps.
The main symptom of constipation is the urge to void the stools but the inability to do so. Constipation continuing over a long period may lead to distension of the stomach and severe discomfort. If you feel constipation continues for some time, it may lead to a feeling of like:
- Heaviness in the abdomen
- Loss of appetite
- Weight loss
- Feeling uncomfortable
What are the Causes of a Constipation ?
Some of the main causes of a constipation are:
- Eating food grain cereals which have no bran or roughage.
- Frequent eating of foods like fish, meats, spices, condiments.
- Sparse use of leafy and green vegetables, like mustard, spinach, salads etc.
- Lack or absence of milk, ghee, milk cream, curd, whey and butter from diet.
- Use of liquors like wines, whiskies, tobacco.
- Lack of water in the body.
- Lack of exercise.
- Tension in the muscles of the colon, rectum an anus.
- Eating too much of concentrated protein.
Submit your review