Diabetes is one such disease that silently impairs organs, eyes, and kidneys. People also call it a silent killer. It occurs when the level of sugar is high in your blood. The main source of energy blood glucose (sugar) comes from the food you eat. Insulin is a hormone that helps reach glucose to cells to make energy. When your body stops making insulin, or for any reason, stops using the insulin then the glucose stays in the blood. If the glucose stays in the blood for a longer period then it starts creating problems for your health.
The modern age lifestyle is to blame for blood sugar. In India or around the globe now the youngsters are also suffering from Diabetes. Earlier it wasn’t the case. Management of health during blood sugar depends on the type of diabetes. Here in this article I am sharing food and herbs that will help you counter diabetes at home.
Ayurvedic Home Remedies to Counter Diabetes
Gymnema Sylvestre consists of anti-diabetic properties
– Eating Gymnema Sylvestre (Gurmar in Hindi) reduces the intestine absorption of the sugar. It helps reduce the post-meal sugar level.
Bitter Gourd (Karela in Hindi) – Bitter Gourd is Rich in vitamins B1, B2, and B3, C. It helps lower the blood sugar level. Bitter gourd has properties that act like insulin. Drinking bitter gourd juice is the best way to consume it for health benefits.
– Cinnamon, turmeric, clove, curry leaves are the Indian spices that you should be using a regular diet. Cinnamon has positive effects on type 2 diabetes as it contains 18% polyphenol. It helps the body to respond better to insulin. Turmeric has several health benefits. The antioxidant properties help in lowering both type 1 and type 2 diabetes. Cloves also contain antioxidant phenol. Curry leaves improve metabolism that is hampered by blood glucose.
Garlic and Ginger
– You can eat garlic in any form. Doesn’t matter if it is raw or cooked it does its job. Supported by lever it increases insulin and also aids blood flow. One of the problems diabetic patients face is acid reflux. Ginger helps to fix acid reflux.
Fenugreek (In Hindi Methi)
– One of the Herbs with multiple health benefits. You can eat the seeds. Another way to intake is to soak the fenugreek in water for 10-12 hours and drink the water after filtering it. In one study, the researcher found that taking fenugreek for 10 days improved the blood glucose level and reduced bad cholesterol.
Intake Vitamin C enriched Food
– The research from Deakin University says that taking vitamin C 500 mg tablets helps control type 2 blood sugar. It means including vitamin C enriched foods in your diet is a wise idea. Lemon and Amla are some of the high vitamin c enrich foods. You should make a habit of eating lemon. The easiest way you can include lemon in your food is by pouring it over salad, or you can mix lemon in your lentil. The best thing about lemon is that it is available all-season, unlike Amla.
Eating at regular intervals
– One of the symptoms of diabetes patients is increased appetite. Your body stops making energy due to the high level of glucose in the blood so you eat a lot. It would be good to eat at regular intervals. All the good food you eat as a diabetic patient will improve your health condition only when you eat 4-5 small meals in a day.
Sound Sleep should be your priority
– Lifestyle plays an important role in controlling blood sugar. Sleeping late or less is not good when you are suffering from blood sugar. When glucose level is high you might have a hard time sleeping. In this situation, it is better to get in touch with a doctor who can help you reduce the sugar level. Then you should make a sleep routine so that your blood sugar is at level.
If you are contemplating on Ayurveda to fight diabetes. It would be best to consult an ayurvedic expert for a natural remedy. In this new Normal you don’t have to come out, fill this Ayurvedic doctor online consultation form. Only dietary changes are not good. Doctor always listens, then suggests the food or medication based on the conditions.
Submit your review